Sunday, April 21, 2013

We’re in Santa Clara, CA

 

April 21, 2013                                                                                                                        Lorraine’s report

So, this is going to be short.   We have Katie here; she had spent the night.  I think it this was the third time we have had her since we came to Santa Clara.  We just finished breakfast, rather late brunch. 

Well, in spite of the big “Spring Fling” here at the Elks last night, both of us managed to sleep well. I hadn’t been sleeping very well, so I was happy to be able to sleep.  They really had the mikes cranked up; like it was in the same room as we were in, but they were 100 yards or so away.  They sure know how to party here. 

This week went by pretty fast!  Kaitlyn starts school back on Monday.  We enjoyed her party. except al the other parties going on last weekend, it was pretty hectic. must have been 150 people or more at the trampoline place.  But Kaitlyn really enjoyed herself!!!  So I guess that was the total point of it all, Kaitlyn enjoyed herself, that’s all that counts. 

We have watched her all week, enjoying each day as it comes.  So much comes out of an 8 year old.  I don’t know how she thinks of it all.  I can’t remember doing as much.  Also, I don’t remember having as many “best friends” as she does, good for you Katie .

We forgot to tell Chuck and his brother’s, Gilbert, Brad & Brian and of course Chuck, “Happy Birthday”  Sounds like they all had a nice get together back home.  His mother sure must have been busy with all of them. 

So we will be here for another half week and then head out.    Take care all,

See you down the road,

Lorraine

 

 

 

4/21/13                                                                                                                                         Chuck’s report

I forgot to wish my brothers, Gilbert, Brian and Brad “Happy Birthday” in our post last week.  Their birthdays were this week, hope you had a good one, all.

Last Sunday Kaitlyn had her birthday party with her school friends at a trampoline place.  I think there were 15 kids at her party and they had at least 5 other parties going on at the same time plus all the folks there who weren’t at parties.  The kids sure had fun, Susy and Mark ordered pizzas and had cake for them. 

Kaitlyn has had her parties at “pump it up” before, where they have those blow up slides and such but this time it was a different type.  They have trampolines set up to play on, some set up for dodge ball with all ages in there at the same time, some set up so they can jump into a large hole filled with foam pillows and such.  Kaitlyn really liked the dodge ball part but she needs to learn to throw the ball better but she is so quick she is a good “dodger”.

After the cake was served, Kaitlyn opened her presents from the kids.  I was amazed to see how many of the cards were signed by a name and “your best friend”.  Glad to see she has so many friends and best friends. 

The week was spring break for Katie's school so we were able to have her with us all day.  Monday was her actual birthday so we picked her up, played around the coach, went to the park and just had a good day.  Later we headed out to Black Angus for her birthday dinner.  After dinner we stopped by her house and she opened her birthday presents from the family.  I think she had a nice birthday, both with her friends and then with with just family.

Tuesday was more of the same until it was time for Lorraine’s doctor visit.  She was able to discuss things with her doctor, got a year’s worth of prescriptions and made an appointment for a foot doctor in the same place for this week.  She was happy to find she has lost weight and her blood pressure is lower.

When we stopped by to pick up her prescriptions, we found one of them was just too expensive, over $150 for three months.  We called her doctor and they have changed it to a different type and we need to return to pick up the new one. 

Later, Lorraine made a good pork steak dinner for us.  Susy came by after work and once again we had a good time, they played games until it was time for them to go home. 

Wednesday was once again more of the same until it was time for the movie house.  Lorraine wanted to take Katie to see “The Croods” and I had to drive them and go along too.  I’m not much for the movie house, never have liked going.  The movie was ok, not sure Kaitlyn really enjoyed it all that much although there was a few “laugh out loud” moments.

Thursday we got ready and picked up Kaitlyn at her house then headed out for my VA appointment.  I have to see my doctor this week and needed to have the fasting blood draw before.  Wouldn’t you know it, when I got there, they didn’t have any record of me needed a blood draw so they had to contact my doctor and get it sent down. 

Meanwhile, the main reason I was there was to pick up my CPAP machine and get instructions on how to set it up and all.  They had a training session with about 15 of us, everyone got the same machine but each was loaded to their specific sleep study needs.  The training session lasted for an hour then we were told to try them out and made a return appointment to discuss any problems in three weeks.  I don’t know that I will make that appointment, we probably won’t be here.

So then back to the first building for my blood draw.  But once again, after I checked in, they told me to return to the other building as that is where the blood lab was located.  But finally I got it done and I think they actually had all the tests I wanted scheduled too.

By now it was getting pretty late for someone who had fasted all morning so we headed out for lunch.  Katie really likes Panda Express soup so that was where we went.  After lunch, we returned to our rig for more play time with Nana. 

Friday Susy dropped Katie 0ff then later we all met at Penny’s for pictures.  Lorraine, Susy and Kaitlyn have always had pictures taken each Mother’s day and this was the time and this was the place.  Once again, I’m not much for having my picture taken but had to sit in on a couple anyway.  I took Katie and walked the mall so Lorraine and Susy could pick out which package of pictures they wanted.  They ordered the ones they wanted, Susy returned to work and we returned to our rig.  Later that evening, Mark stopped by and picked Kaitlyn up, she was going to spend time with a couple of her friends at Pump it Up and stay at Mark’s place that night. 

Saturday morning was a quiet day for us, we had to load up and move to dump our black tank and I had a couple of items to do on the rig.  I even washed the tires and rims in prep for polishing the rims today, maybe.  I hooked up our power so we could feed off two 30 amp connections so Lorraine could do laundry without tripping the breaker.  She was able to get that finished before Mark brought Kaitlyn over for the afternoon.  He returned later with dinner for us and brought over night clothes so she could spend the night with us one more time before she started back to school this week. 

The weather has been a bit nicer this week than last although I’m not used to the humidity after being in the desert most of the winter.  The temperatures have been getting into the high 70s during the afternoon and dropping to the high 50s at night.  The forecast is for the temperatures to get into the low 80s this week and stay nice and sunny too.

Our travel plans are still on hold or at least not firmed up yet.  I have my doctor’s visit on Tuesday and the results of that should help firm up our schedule.  Like I said earlier, I have an appointment in three weeks to discuss my CPAP usage and will only keep that if I have other issues at the VA.  Otherwise, we should start our slow trip East, this time we plan to travel different roads than we have in the past years. 

I don’t think we have taken too many pictures this week so I’ll go through them and add a few before I get this posted.

Kaitlyn’s birthday party on Sunday.

 DSCN3719 DSCN3716

DSCN3720 DSCN3726

DSCN3727 DSCN3729

DSCN3735 DSCN3740

DSCN3743 DSCN3754

DSCN3759 

Opening presents at her house. 

DSCN3762 DSCN3764

DSCN3768 DSCN3771

DSCN3772 DSCN3773

DSCN3774

At Black Angus for dinner

 DSCN3779

No comments: